Bosch Sensortec Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Allan Deviation (or Velocity/Angle Random Walk and Bias Stability) for BMI085 and BMI088

Allan Deviation (or Velocity/Angle Random Walk and Bias Stability) for BMI085 and BMI088

Marco87
    New Poster

Hi,

I am planning to use either BMI085 or BMI088 in an integrated navigation system for the usage in a quadrocopter. Therefore I would like to ask kindly for some Allan Deviation Curves for both sensors and its six dimensions (acceleration and gyroscope). If these curves are not published, I am in particular looking for the Velocity Random Walk (VRW), the Angle Random Walk (ARW) and the Bias Stability together with its timespan for which it is defined. I guess the VRW and the ARW are given in the datasheets as "Noise density", but I can hardly find informations for the Bias Stability to calibrate both my simulation model of the sensor and my Unscented Kalman Filter.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Best regards,

Marco

3 REPLIES 3

Yanchao
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi,

These data requires NDA (non-disclosure agreement). You could contact local sales or FAE from bosch-sensortec-sales-contact .

BMI088 Flyer show bias bellow:

The automotive-proven gyroscope of the BMI088 has an unmatched bias stability of less than 2°/h and a low temperature coefficient of offset (TCO) below 15 mdps/K.

Best regards.

Hi,

it's quite a while, but anyway I would like to reply. The issue is one missing but in my understanding very important parameter in the flyer. To realize a mathematical model of the Bias Dynamics the Bias Random Walk BRW [(°/s)/sqrt(s)] or [(m/s^2)/sqrt(s)] is required and these values are computed from dividing the Bias Instability [°/s] or [m/s^2] by the square root of its correlation time [sqrt(s)]. The Bias Stability should be the minimum (y-axis) of the Allan Deviation Curve which is given in the Flyer but unfortunately the correlation time (x-axis) is missing.

So the question is again, could you please provide thease values or directly the Allan Deviation or Allan Variance Plots for all 6 channels of both sensors (BMI085 and BMI088)? I tried to measure these curves, but the Bias behaviour is quite good and very long measurements are required for proper evaluation of the Bias Instability. Those measurements are quite hard to measure and to analyze.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Marco

Yanchao
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi,

These data requires NDA (non-disclosure agreement), not allow released directly.

You could contact local sales or FAE from bosch-sensortec-sales-contact .

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist