cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Arduino Nicla Sense ME

Arduino Nicla Sense ME

jonyu

Hello,

I am currently using the Arduino Nicla Sense ME and currently utlilsing the BHI260AP. My project needs to be as low powered as possible and was wondering how I could do this. As in the BOSCH datasheet, it says there are different firmwares for wearables, hearables etc for low powered operation modes and was wondering where I could get these firmware versions, or how I could configure the settings to give me the lowest power consuming mode. Is this possible to be done through the Arduino IDE or is it required to download the BOSCH software to do this.

Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5

Minhwan
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi jonyu, 

For just bhi260ap, bhi260ap automatically adjust operation mode depends on your sample rate. 

So, if you use low sample rate, power consumption should reduce than when you use higher sample rate. 

Thank you. 

Thank you so much for your reply. Regarding the power consumption for the BHI260, it says theres two running modes, long run mode and turbo mode. How do I enable the long run mode as I require my device to be as power efficient as possible. 

Also regarding the datasheet, it mentions that there are different firmwares for different use cases such as 'wearable, and hearable' firmwares which reduce the power consumption. Where can I get access to a firmware that is the most power efficient or anything wearable related. 

Thank you 

Minhwan
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi Jonyu, 

You can find nicla source as below 

https://github.com/arduino/nicla-sense-me-fw

And here is the firmware path

https://github.com/arduino/nicla-sense-me-fw/tree/main/bootloader/BHY2-Sensor-API/firmware/bhi260

For your case, not turbo mode firmware is appropriate. 

Thank you. 

Hello,

So do I pick any of the firmware that is non turbo in its name? Or is there a specific one that I should be using for lowest power consumption?

Thank you

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist