cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BESC stopeed calculating IAQ, etc

BESC stopeed calculating IAQ, etc

bosch_tinker
    New Poster

Might symptoms are very simliar to post from last year and this year.

Except mine was working. My MPU is a ESP8266, and I have not uploaded any changes (it's not even been plugged into a USB port)

Symptoms:

• sensor results for temp, pressure, humidity, and gas, all produce results.
    • the gas reading drops (as expected) when open paint thinner is brought near.
    • the Accuracy never changes from zero

Previously:

• the accuracy would go to 1 after an hour
    • Accuracy would go to 3 the next day after paint thinner was exposed then removed.

What I've tried:

• wait 2 days for spontaneous resolution
    • unplug power for 5 min, then reconnect power
    • wait an hour
    • write this posting

Any suggestions on how to restart the conversions that don't involve reprogramming it? This is deployed in the field and I'd like to avoid the round trip to get it and return it.

The BME680 is only a tiny part of a bigger project.  The relevant section starts on line 317 of attached (which is actaully an INO file)

•  
    4 REPLIES 4

bosch_tinker
    New Poster

I have retrieved the BME680; issue still exists: both in the field and at the office.

So, any suggestion, including reprogramming, are welcome

Hello bosch_tinker,

For the following description, do you mean: after waiting 2 days, temp, pressure, humidity, and gas values are correct, accuracy value change to 3?

What I've tried:

• wait 2 days for spontaneous resolution
    • unplug power for 5 min, then reconnect power
    • wait an hour
    • write this posting

nope. still tracking gas resistance only.  all other values remain unchanging. (eg IAQ = 25)

Hello bosch_tinker,
    For "Any suggestions on how to restart the conversions that don't involve reprogramming it?", you could call API bme680_soft_reset() to reset BME280 by software, then reinitialize and configure.

After you downloaded BSEC software, you could find and refer bsec_iot_example.
    https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/software-tools/software/bsec/

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist