cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BMA423 internal error

BMA423 internal error

Fleshdeck
    New Poster

Hi, I have a problem, I am using the sensor in my smartwatch, all settings and initialization were successful, interrupts and functions work, but if I restart the main microcontroller, the functions stop working, and register 0x5F shows an error after initializing the sensor, only power reset helps to start the sensor correctly. How to properly start the sensor after a reset so that this error does not appear?

8 REPLIES 8

Yes, I do initialization as written in the datasheet in paragraph 4.2 Device Initialization, is this the problem? If I don't re-initialize the sensor will it work? Or do I need to do a softreset before this?

Maybe I need to store the initialization status in non-volatile memory? And if there was no power reset, do a soft reset and then initiate the sensor?

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Fleshdeck,

During sensor initialization, loading the configuration file should not be repeated. If you need to reinitialize the sensor after your main controller is reset, you need to reset the sensor first and then reinitialize it.

/* BMA4xy softreset */
    rslt = bma4_set_command_register(0xB6, dev);

delay...

start reinitializ...

yes, it helped, now I read the reset register of the main controller before initializing the sensor, but two other problems appeared, if the sensor was already initialized, I skip writing the configuration file to the sensor, do a soft reset, and configure the sensor again, sometimes it works fine, but sometimes the sensor does not work, and there are no errors in the 0x5F register, the second error is that the sensor is working normally, but the step reset function does not reset them

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Fleshdeck,

You should do soft reset and delay for a while before you reinitialize sensor.
    You could directly set sensor register value if you want to modify sensor register parameters.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist