Bosch Sensortec Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BME 680 and BME 280 Not Reading Constant Humidity

BME 680 and BME 280 Not Reading Constant Humidity

Veronica716

I am using the BME 680 and the BME 280 in a sealed glass jar. I know the absolute humidity in the jar is constant because it is sealed.

However, when I get my data from the sensors and calculate the absolute humidty, I am not getting a contant absolute humdity. I have been getting data from the jar being indoors at room temperature and at atmospheric pressure.

Is this because of how the sensors work? Are they not made for monitoring a small, enclosed space? If it is because of how the sensors work, I need to know why this is happening so I can account for it in my calculations.

Thank you for your help!

17 REPLIES 17

Hi Jet,

I don't think I am using BME280 API. I am using a library in my arduino code called Adafruit_BME280.h

Would the BME280 API account for this problem I am having?

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

I will forward your mind to our internal experts. If any update, I will keep you informed.

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

Talked with internal experts, we didn't think you were wrong in anything. But we have still thought the relative humidity and the absolute humidity with the temperature change is not constant under your test condition, you need offer the reference to confirm your expection.

More information and support you should contact your local FAE to get.

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

Do you have any update? If possible,  please offer the raw data and reference data to us, include temperature/relatvie humdity/absolute humidity/ absolute humidity of reference device.

Thank you.

Hi Jet,

I undertsand that you all don't believe the water content in my jar is constant. Could you explain to me why you think this is the case? Like I mentioned before, I have done a lot of research to find a possible way that the water content could not be constant. It seems that you have the answer to this. Could  you explian to me what is chemically going on to make the water content not constant? Or link some resource that can support that idea?

That would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist