Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BME 688 Single sensor stops recording

BME 688 Single sensor stops recording

fabian_ch
    New Poster

Dear All,

I have been recording a lot of data with the developper kit recently, which contains 8 BME 688 sensors. I am ususally recording no longer than 12 hours and I have 4 different heater profiles (each profile twice). 

I have noticed however, that for some measurements one sensor just stops working after a certain time and does not record any values afterwards. In the next recording however, the very same sensor works again, so it's not a hardware problem I suppose. Furthermore, I've noticed this same behaviour on at least 2 different sensors, which by coincidence or not have the same heater profile.

Did anyone experience similar problems? Is there a known solution for this? What is the orgin of this problem?

I am thankful for any kind of hint, to better understand this problem.

Kind Regards and a good weekend!

3 REPLIES 3

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello fabian_ch,

Could we know some details? For example, what operations do you follow? Problems encountered, screenshots of problems, and logs corresponding to problems?

I am using the kit with 4 different heater profiles (each profile is used twice) and I record in the duty cycle 1-0, so continously.

I am measuring an empty room and then in the morning a person breathing into the sensor two times for thirty minutes (with a break in between). 

I would not know what to screenshot. It just doesn't give any values for one sensor at some point. So there are no entries in the datafile that is saved to the microsd beonging to that sensor.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello fabian_ch,

What were 4 different heater profiles you used? In what order do you use these four heater profiles?

By the way, could you run official BME688 software code well?

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist