Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BME280 Temperature Reading Broken

BME280 Temperature Reading Broken

mailteahwa
    New Poster

Hi,

One of my project unit came back to my office due to reading incorrect temperature. I check the reading and it reads -231.95 constantly. This unit had run without an issue for more than 2 month until the temperature reading broken. What makes it weirder is it still reads humidity correctly. I've never seen this error with this sensor so can you guys help me with troubleshooting?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Ted Kim

4 REPLIES 4

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

Can you get the correct pressure and humidity from BME280 sensor, beside temperature?

Could you check the surface of this component to check whether to be scrached or damaged?

Could you confirm this issure come from this BME280 sensor hardware? Could you exchange your sensor to check it?

If you finish the above action and confirm the issue is only from the single part,maybe the sensor need to be  further confirmed and further analyzed by BST FAE.

It is better to contact the local FAE after you confirm.

Hopefully, it can solve your inquiry.

Hi Jet,

Thanks for your answer.

I already replaced the sensor and it works fine now.

What I am suspecting is, one of un-used 3.3V ports on my pcb was floating,  somehow it got shorted and it damaged the sensor.

I don't know whatelse I could think of from it.  I would just replace it.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Ted

Hi,

We just got this unit back again from the customer and the sensor was reading constant negative value, which is same issue.

I just replaced the BME280 and the reading is back to normal. 

The pressure and humidity reading was bit lower than actual value but was still reading and changing while the temperature value is stuck in some constant negative value.  Do you have any idea on what could casue this issue or any enviroment we should avoid to prevent this kind issue ?

Thanks.

Best,

Ted 

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

Honestly we also don't know what happened if no more information to analyze.

Recommend you to contact BST local FAE and offer the issue part to them to do further analysis.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist