Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BME280 Temperature raw=0 problem

BME280 Temperature raw=0 problem

kilicberkin
    New Poster

Hi,

I am using BME280 for a weather station project. I have set about 30 of sensors. They worked well for aout 2 weeks and after that  one by one 9 out of 30 sensor started giving raw=0 values for Temperature reading.  All faulty readings occured in different days.

temp.jpg

Also for some devices, pressure readings are wrong ; oscillating from 0 to 2200mbar.pressure.jpg

Humidty readings seems fine 

I am using Bosch library on Github.

all manufacturing process is made by a proffesional EMS company.(sensors not hand soldered)

we are planning to go bulk but now we need to solve this problem.

what may cause this problem? does anyone has an idea? 

Thanks in advance,

berkin

3 REPLIES 3

Vincent
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

From your descrption,  the sensors on board are working properly in first 2 weeks then start to have issue.  

After you change the sensor on board,  then data looks normal again, right?  

For those desolder parts,  did  you ever put it on the good board to double check if you still have issue of read out value?  

In case you still have issue of the sensor reading,  you should contact your local FAE to send back those parts to do failure analyze first.  

@Vincent wrote:

From your descrption,  the sensors on board are working properly in first 2 weeks then start to have issue.  

After you change the sensor on board,  then data looks normal again, right?  

For those desolder parts,  did  you ever put it on the good board to double check if you still have issue of read out value?  

In case you still have issue of the sensor reading,  you should contact your local FAE to send back those parts to do failure analyze first.  

Yes, after i changed faulty sensor, data looks normal again.

And when i solder faulty sensor to a working board, it gives wrong data again.

i will try to contact with FAE.

thank you for the answer.

Vincent
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

OK, let's see what happened inside the sensor when our FAE have your parts.  

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist