cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BME680 BSEC for Python

BME680 BSEC for Python

level42

Hello, there are clear instructions on how to compile a Python stack here, but the script is made for an old BSEC release 1.4.6.0. Generic Release. Is there anybody out of there who can drop me a copy of that specific release or with the skills to address the script toward the latest release BSEC 1.4.8.0 ?

Thank you in advance
    // Stefano

7 REPLIES 7

Vincent
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Can you share your Python script here? 

Currently, we didn't make any formal release package for Phython version of BSEC lib.

So i want to take a look for the current one and check if it is able to be used for latest version.

zgg
    Long-established Member

Hello

A third-party python interface/wrapper is available here: https://github.com/rstoermer/bsec_bme680_python

and basically  the new BSEC release is compatible with the older one, by "compatible"  I mean the APIs provided by BSEC such as: bsec_init(), bsec_do_steps() etc remain the same,  so you could pretty much replace the files in: https://github.com/rstoermer/bsec_bme680_python/tree/master/src/BSEC_1.4.6.0_Generic_Release_2018042... with latest BSEC release, and with minor changes (if any) expect the python interface to work. In theory, no work on the python side is needed.

Hello zgg,

thank you so much for your reply, I'll give a try asap...

#!/bin/sh

set  -eu

. ./make.config

if [ ! -d "${BSEC_DIR}" ]; then
      echo 'BSEC directory missing.'
      exit 1
    fi

if [ ! -d "${CONFIG_DIR}" ]; then
      mkdir "${CONFIG_DIR}"
    fi

STATEFILE="${CONFIG_DIR}/bsec_iaq.state"
    if [ ! -f "${STATEFILE}" ]; then
      touch "${STATEFILE}"
    fi

echo 'Patching...'
    dir="${BSEC_DIR}/examples"
    patch='patches/eCO2+bVOCe.diff'
    if patch -N --dry-run --silent -d "${dir}/" \
      < "${patch}" 2>/dev/null
    then
      patch -d "${dir}/" < "${patch}"
    else
      echo 'Already applied.'
    fi

echo 'Compiling...'
    cc -Wall -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -Wno-unused-variable -static \
      -std=c99 -pedantic \
      -iquote"${BSEC_DIR}"/API \
      -iquote"${BSEC_DIR}"/algo/${ARCH} \
      -iquote"${BSEC_DIR}"/examples \
      "${BSEC_DIR}"/API/bme680.c \
      "${BSEC_DIR}"/examples/bsec_integration.c \
      ./bsec_bme680.c \
      -L"${BSEC_DIR}"/algo/"${ARCH}" -lalgobsec \
      -lm -lrt \
      -o bsec_bme680
    echo 'Compiled.'

cp "${BSEC_DIR}"/config/"${CONFIG}"/bsec_iaq.config "${CONFIG_DIR}"/
    echo 'Copied config.'
    Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist