Bosch Sensortec Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BME680: BSEC warning code: 100

Established Member

BME680: BSEC warning code: 100

I have tried to use two BME680 at ESP32 for compare the values for two identical sensors.

Using for each BME a seperate I2C bus.

If I try the BME680_basic_data_logging sample all is working fine, I get values from both sensors.

Using the BME680_config_state sample I will get for the second sensor the iaqSensor.status value "100" back.
    Didn't found it in documentation / source code - what does this mean?

As explanation - I use an array for the sensors - maybe the bsec lib have any problems here with it?

Bsec iaqSensor[2];
    iaqSensor[0].begin(BME680_I2C_ADDR_PRIMARY, I2Cone);
    iaqSensor[1].begin(BME680_I2C_ADDR_PRIMARY, I2Ctwo);
    void loop(void)

if (iaqSensor[0].run()) {
    }
    if (iaqSensor[1].run()) {
    }
    }

of course modified the functions:

checkIaqSensorStatus(int n)
    updateState(int n)
    loadState(int n)

So two questions:
    - what does mean the errorcode 100
    - is it possible to use the bsce lib with two sensors in one sketch?

Thanks!

Michael

EDIT: In the meantime I have seen that it seems not to be possible without major changes in lib to use 2 sensors with this samples.

Tags (2)
    5 REPLIES 5
    Community Moderator

Re: BME680: BSEC warning code: 100

Hi  michar_pr,

As you rightly pointed out, the low level libary is still a single instance. The internal algorithm is designed to support multi-instance, but future releases might expose those interfaces.

Regards,
    kgoveas

New Poster

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem (2 BME680 on one I2C)

Are there any plans that this will be fixed soon?

regards

Bernd

Contributor

Another user on this forum reports success with this pseudo-code:
    https://community.bosch-sensortec.com/t5/MEMS-sensors-forum/Multiple-BME680-devices-with-BSEC/m-p/10...

Until the BSEC library allows for multiple simultaneous instances, a workaround of using save/load state to switch a single instance of BSEC between multiple sensors by keeping multiple state files.

The same mechanism can also be used to run BSEC in a separate host (e.g. a cloud server running BSEC on thousands of IoT nodes), or to run BSEC from a log file (e.g. defer the processing of BSEC until AC power is available to conserve battery).

o_o
    New Poster

I nearly missed you answer. I was expecting the forum to send a mail if someone replies but I did not get a notification mail.

Meanwhile I found that current BSEC library on github has an example for 2 devices on a single I2C bus. With the information from here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=630059.0 (Post #3) I finally managed to run the multi example on an arduino mega.

Haven't looked at the example in detail yet, is it handling the states of the sensors to a single BSEC instance?

(Found the checkbox to send email of someone replies)

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist