Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BME680 & BNO055 - DC Characteristics

BME680 & BNO055 - DC Characteristics

Berkaj
    New Poster

Hello everybody,

I'd like to do a DC Fan Out analysis on the BME680 and the BNO055. I'm planning to use the I2C interface (it doesn't matter though; I can change it to SPI too) between the sensors and an application processor.

I'd like to understand the IOL, IOH, IIL, IIH values ideally for each pin and not just the interface. The IOL and IOH values are listed in the datasheets, however I couldn't see the IIL and IIH values.

Why is it not listed? Does that mean that they have equal values as the IOL and IOH?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Berkaj,

Do you mean you want to know more HW interface parameters?

BME680 Interface parameters.png

There were I2C, SPI reference connection diagram, like following BME680 diagram. Could you directly refer them?

BME680 connection diagrams.png

Hello Robin,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to understand the leakage current value and/or IIH and IIL values for the I2C interface, shown in (a) in your reply. These values are usually listed under DC Characteristics table. The reason is, I'd like to perform a DC fanout analysis, which ensures the driving capability of the application processor in my case. I'd like to understand if I need an additional buffer etc. to drive your sensor, or if the MPU output is just enough.

Plus, if you can specify the input capacitance - Ci value for the GPIO, that would be great. This is usually listed under AC Characteristics table. I'd like to do a AC fanout analysis as well. These parameters (max/min) are listed under I2C specification, however I'd like to understand if there is a difference (also for other pins, not just the communication interface) or if simply they are lower than the specification maximum/minimum values. Thank you.

I'm not interested in the suggested and/or normal values for the interface since I am trying to design according to a worst-case like scenario, which is application specific. Thank you.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Berkaj,

Thanks for your message. We gladly publish all publicly available info, but sadly are unable to share the requested info within the community. Thanks for your understanding. If you have any further requests, please visit https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/about-us/contact/contact-form, use the contact form to submit your request and please make sure you refer to the question posed in the community.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist