cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BME680 changing heater temperature.

BME680 changing heater temperature.

Hi everyone,
    I have implemented a simple code to perform gas measurements at different heater temperature. The sensor just performs a certain number of measurements (for example 100) then changes the heater temperature and repeats the loop. The code works correctly but i have difficult to understand the data, there are strange spikes when the heater temperature changes, as shown in figures to the link below. Someone knows something about the origin of these spikes? How to reduce or delete them? Interesting is to notice that the spike is down when temperature grows and up when decreases. After few measurements the signal tends to steady state value, anyway it is unpleasant this behavior. If someone knows something on the internal processes of the sensor in this condition it would be really useful. Thank you for your reply!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ekfq761vvoqn9ui/AABHVmQwsdV56MMgG7bZU-VYa?dl=0
    3 REPLIES 3

handytech
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Unfortunately Bosch Sensortec can only support the behavior of the BME680 when operated in one of BSEC's operating modes. The behavior observed could be justified by the sensor's working principle, and custom profiles or gas resistance processing are only recommended to experts with strong knowledge of the MOX sensing technology.

Thank you for your reply! I know that in BSEC code is not implemented the possibility to change the heater temperature, but actually the sensor has 10 heater temperature set points. Is this one a functionality that will be implemented in the future? Is it possible to have technical support on the usage of the hardware/sensor not strictly related to BSEC software? The implementation of the possibility to perform measurements at different temperatures would open to the sensor still more applications. Thank you for your fast reply!

@LeonardoPapale wrote:
    Thank you for your reply! I know that in BSEC code is not implemented the possibility to change the heater temperature, but actually the sensor has 10 heater temperature set points. Is this one a functionality that will be implemented in the future? [...] The implementation of the possibility to perform measurements at different temperatures would open to the sensor still more applications.

Unfortunately there are currently no plan to make use of this feature in the short-term. In the long-term, I would recommend to stay tuned to our main website, as new applications would most likely make it to a News article.

@LeonardoPapale wrote:
    Is it possible to have technical support on the usage of the hardware/sensor not strictly related to BSEC software?

Yes, but.. 😉 In general, we are limited to how in-depth we can support the BME680 without BSEC here in the Community. If you need further technical support for commercial use of the BME680, I suggest that you contact one of our official distributor or sales representatives with more project details.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist