Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BME680 high values after transportation

BME680 high values after transportation

JuergL

Dear Bosch Community

I'm successfuly using a BME680 with the bsec library 1.6.1480 on an ESP32 microcontroller (configuration stored on SPI Flash) based on the basic_config_state.ino example. Everything works fine, the sensor is reaching accurcy 3 as it should and the config is written routinely and read at sartup as normal. When I transported the system to a different place (several occasions), the eCO2 value was never lower than about 2000 afterwards and the eVOC values was at 10'000 even after a longer time period. It was only after erasing the configuration that the sensor was working properly again.

I don't understand why I this happens and what had gone wrong or what problematic handling I have done. The only way to solve this problem is to erase the configuration and then everything works as expected and normal. What happens during transportation when the sensor is not powered on? Does anyone have an idea? This is critical when I want to ship the device with a stored configuration.

Best Regards, JuergL

7 REPLIES 7

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

I am asking for our internal experts' help, please keep your patience.

Further information I will reply after getting the interior answer.

Thank you.

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

As what you said,  one state file was used on different location or after the long time the sensor power off.

Actually the purpose state file is to store historical situation of one position. After restart, the sensor would fast track the environmental data of the same place and give accurate output. If the environment changes, loading state file of other place does not help to give accurate output.

Don't recommend to use one state file in different location. And also, if the power off time is very long, which means the environmental gas distribution already changes a lot compared to the historical environment, loading state file also cannot give accurate output. But after running for some time, output will be accurate. The time duration depends on the deviation between two environmental status.

Hopefully, it can meet your inquiry.

Dear Jet

Thank you very much for this investagations and explanations. I now understand the function and use of the previous data from a specific place much clearer. In this case I understand that we should erase any old configuration if we move the sensor to a different place or when it is turned off for a longer period. Thank you very much. This helped me a lot!

Best Regards, JuergL

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist