Bosch Sensortec Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BME680 on Silabs EFR32BG32 Cortex M3 Platform with hard floating point support

BME680 on Silabs EFR32BG32 Cortex M3 Platform with hard floating point support

ravi23ganiga
    New Poster

Hi ,

I am using Bosch sensortec BME680 sensor for air quality monitoring along with Silicon Labs EFR32BG21 SOC which is Cortex M33 based. The SOC uses bluetooth libraries to provide bluetooth functionality. These libraries are compiled with following flags

arm-none-eabi-gcc -g -gdwarf-2 -mcpu=cortex-m33 -mthumb -std=c99 -O2 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mfpu=fpv5-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard

The problem is that BME680 BSEC library libalgobsec.a is not compiled with Hard float ABI. So when i compile BSEC library along with SOC code, it gives error that "Bluetooth libraries uses VFP register argument but libalgobsec.a does not". Since the source code of this library is closed, I cannot compile and generate this library at my end.

Can you please provide me this library compiled with Hard Float ABI support (compilation flags as mentioned above)?

Note: In case of our project, we have to start production of devices from next weekend, we only have this week to integrate BME680 sensor. If you could help us get this library till Friday, it would be of great help. We are expecting a production of somewhat 10000 to 30000 devices for our client.

Thanks,

Raghavendra,

Sr Firmware Engineer

Enlite Research Private Ltd

6 REPLIES 6

handytech
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Unfortunately there was a bit of confusion between the platform in the title and in core of the message, and it seems we would need a little more time to generate the requested release. We will try to get back to you in the beginning of the next week.

handytech
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Sorry for the delay, the Cortex-M33 was a new platform for us. Could you please let us know if the attached release works for you?

Hi Bosch Team,

I am also using the same "ARM Cortex-M33" platform integrated with your bme680 library into our existing source. As per attached libalgobsec.a library which is able to be compiled in my source, but the program is not running. I mean the first function which is called (bsec_iot_init) is not going inside.

I came to know that I defined print statements in each function.

But nothing is working. Please look at my compiled map file and check if the given library is compiled with my source properly or not?

Please suggest to me to help on this bsec lib integration.

Regards,
    Kumar

Hi Bosch Team,

I am also using the same "ARM Cortex-M33" platform integrated with your bme680 library into our existing source. As per attached libalgobsec.a library which is able to be compiled in my source, but the program is not running. I mean the first function which is called (bsec_iot_init) is not going inside.

I came to know that I defined print statements in each function.

But nothing is working. Please look at my compiled map file and check if the given library is compiled with my source properly or not?

Please suggest to me to help on this bsec lib integration.

Regards,
    Kumar
    Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist