Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BME680 - .sensor_settings is empty every 4th measurement

BME680 - .sensor_settings is empty every 4th measurement

crackI1ng
    Occasional Visitor

Hello Bosch-Community,

I'm using the BME680 in Low-Power-Mode on an STM32L4+-board and using the code provied by Bosch out of this thread: BME860 does not return humidity or gas-resistance .  

Currently I've implemented a "stop"-schedule with STM32L4R, meaning it's measuring every 5 minutes once and is "clocked off" in between and the sensor is running in standby-mode. Before I simply used a delay function to wait 5 minutes every transmission - while still measuring the sensor every cycle. My issue is that the third measurement and each following after this aswell . I debugged the code and realized that sensor_settings is completely empty except for "next_call", which is set to a higher rate than usual after being called by bsec_sensor_control(time_stamp, &sensor_settings).
    After setting sensor_settings  to its corresponding values manually,  the measurements are kinda flactuating, as if the sensor has to be calibrated anew every time its called. The flactuation is kinda small (about 0.1°C every measurement), but it's very unusual that it happens at all. 

crackI1ng_0-1651214957024.png

sensor_settings values

crackI1ng_2-1651215248355.png

Data received by LoRaWAN.

So what's the issue about bsec_control not returning any valuse? I've also tried to recheck the sensor once if the values are empty and it does work, but it doesn't seem to be a good solution. The values kind of flanctuating is irritiating me aswell.

Kind regards and thank you in advance

5 REPLIES 5

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi crackI1ng,

Retrieve sensor settings to be used in this time instant by calling bsec_sensor_control(), sensor_settings is no empty on my side(tested on STM32F4). You could check it with your platform.

sensor_settings.png

crackI1ng
    Occasional Visitor

Hello BSTRobin and thank you for your quick reply.

I know it shouldn't be empty else it won't trigger a measurement. But it stays empty after the second measurement.

Kind regards

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi crackI1ng,

I've run it many times and it's never empty.

crackI1ng
    Occasional Visitor

That's the point. I hoped that somebody knows what the reasons are that bsec_sensor_control(time_stamp, &sensor_settings) returns an empty sensor_settings.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist