Bosch Sensortec Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BME688 API raw data --> BSEC outputs on real time ???

BME688 API raw data --> BSEC outputs on real time ???

giomate
    New Poster

I used the BME688 in  some   cumstom PCB's, which are based on ESP32 and STM32H7 MCU's. I got the BME688 working, but  i have some  doubts about it.  1. How can I convert the raw data from the bme68xLibrary to BSEC outputs in real time (not external treatment with AI tools) . I want to parse this data in real time to feed another algorithm , Hence, I appreciate , if you can give me some support

3 REPLIES 3

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi giomate,

1. How can I convert the raw data from the bme68xLibrary to BSEC outputs in real time (not external treatment with AI tools) .
    Reply: The BSEC algorithm performs this convertion. The implementation of BSEC algorithm was not public.
    I want to parse this data in real time to feed another algorithm
    Reply: As you want to feed another algorithm, I don't understand why you need to know the implementation of BSEC algorithm?

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the reply.

the outputs of the BSEC, seems to be more adequate for air quality specifications. Nevertheless, when i check the repo(https://github.com/BoschSensortec/Bosch-BSEC2-Library), i see basically that   raw data from the api is saved on a SD card or printed out. Therefore  i wanted to know, how to do the conversion on the MCU  (no further handling of data on Host Computers)

Anyways , you are right. I dont need to deal with the BSEC  library, if i can handle the raw data directly on the MCU.

However, i have a doubt about  one raw value: gas_index from <data[i]->gas_index = buff[off] & BME68X_GAS_INDEX_MSK;> How is this parameter related to air quality?..or ... is it just a heater step index? 

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi giomate,

The BSEC library runs on the MCU. You need it.

The parameter is from BME688 data sheet about how to read sensor data, you could get more detailed information from data sheet.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist