Thanks for the tips Michael! I checked my state saving function and it appears I did not give enough time after reflashing my ESP for the IAQ to reach accuracy 3, which in turn would not initiate the state save function. I modified the function to save every hour if the accuracy is >=1 and now I can see after a reboot of the device that the IAQ and other values pick up from where they left off.
Now I would just like to figure out this IAQ Accuracy issue. It appears I am having the same problem as you where the accuracy takes forever to reach "3" and then drops to "2" and then "1" moments later. I was hoping that loading the state would be able to resolve this too, but it doesn't seem to be so. Hopefully someone from BST has an answer on why the accuracy fluctuates like this. I am not even adding any additional variables to the environment.