Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BME688 Intermittent Pausing With Sensor Output

BME688 Intermittent Pausing With Sensor Output

S_Brohl
    Established Member

Hello,

I am currently working with a single BME688 (on an Adafruit breakout board) connected to an ESP8266 (as is used in the Integration Guide) using the example code provided with the BSEC 2.0 library, and I have noticed some strange behavior with the sensor's output to the Serial Monitor. It seems that every so often the sensor outputs values and then pauses for about a minute (sometimes longer) and then begins reading/outputting again and then repeats.

I have tried implementing this sensor with BSEC 2 into my own project and I also notice the same behavior there as well. Even if I use one of the 3s configuration profiles I still see the exact same behavior. I was expecting that with the example code I would get a continuous output from the sensor every 3s (at least a gas resistance value), but it seems that is not the case. Is there any explaination for what is going on here? 

8 REPLIES 8

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello S_Brohl,

For the pause, this is because for BSEC2 example code, using the heating profile in scanning mode, there will be 1 scanning cycle for heating and 2 scanning cycles for sleep.
    BSEC1 had integrated BME688, can get continuous output of 3S sampling rate. You could use BSEC1.

Hello. I've experienced the same behavior with BSEC2 and BME688. Sometimes sensor pauses output (callback not called) for even more than 1 minute. I've experienced this only with example code (high performance mode). Haven't had this problem with LP mode.

BSTRobin, I've tried using BME688 with BSEC1 but I couldn't get good results. I received not real IAQ measurements due to not real RAWGAS values (extremely high values). I tried with LP configuration. The other sensors (temp, humidity and pressure) worked well.

Do you have any recommendation for using BME688 on BSEC 1?

Thanks!

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello EmiQS,

What BSEC1 version you used?

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello EmiQS,

Could you give feedback?

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist