Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BME688 and BSEC2: bsec_sensor_control() not updating the operation mode

BME688 and BSEC2: bsec_sensor_control() not updating the operation mode

mudit_sharma
    New Poster

Hi,

I am using BME688 and BSEC2 with nrf52832 (nrf sdk 17.0.2). I am trying to implement the generic/basic example.

The function call to  "bsec_sensor_control()" in the run() function updates the next_call member of bsec_bme_settings_t struct but never updates the op_mode (Hence, the sensor is always in sleep mode). Subsequently, I'm unable to get any data output from the sensor. 

I have attached my code below. Please suggest how can I correct this error.

Thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9

Hi mudit_sharma,

Let us check it and give you feedback later.

Hi, 

I was having the same issue, but I found something just as I was writing a reply for this post. 

I did not read your code. But for me the problem was on the init sequence.

Before, I had the following sequence:

bsec_get_version()
    bsec_init()
    bsec_update_subscription()
    bsec_set_configuration()

When then you call bsec_sensor_control(), the returned bsec_sensor_settings will be mostly empty, except the next call setting which will be correct (for the config mode you configured). All of the rest will be 0. 

If instead your init sequence is like this: 

bsec_get_version()
    bsec_init()
    bsec_set_configuration()
    bsec_update_subscription()

meaning you set the configuration and then call the update subscription, then when I call bsec_sensor_control() the returned sensor settings are not empty anymore.

Hope it helps. 

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi mudit_sharma,

Sorry for the inconvience.

It is on going to checking when we could release the C code. It needs some time to integrate it and verity it, we will let you know if the software is ready.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

After our internal discussion, we are already preparing the software, and the official software will be released at the end of January 2023.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

We had released the software. You could download BSEC2.4.0.0 from https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/software-tools/software/bme688-software, which support C language code.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist