Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BME688 connection to Android App

BME688 connection to Android App

Karthikg
    Established Member

Hi,

I am trying to use the BME688 Andriod APP that was recently released. The App is able to connect to the BME 8x board via bluetooth.  The SD card with the config file is present. (i.e it is logging data). but right after the app connects, i get this msg on the APP :

"Could not start sensor. response code: BSEC_CONFIG_MISSING"

if i look at the SD card and open a raw data file it creates (its flashed with the bme68x_demo_sample.ino.bin ) - i see this header.. as a appVersion of 0.7.4 not sure if this works with the App that i downloaed for the Andriod. 

{
    "configHeader": {
    "dateCreated": "2020-10-20T08:54:10.804Z",
    "appVersion": "0.7.4",
    "boardType": "board_8",
    "boardMode": "heater_profile_exploration",
    "boardLayout": "grouped"
    } ....

i have a *.bmeconfig in the SD card. so not sure what else is needed. again no documention etc. so its very tiny bit frustrating. 

Thanks,

Karthik

39 REPLIES 39

Hi,

unfortunately I also encounter the same problem. I also used the latest versions like @blblblu but I get the same error message in the smartphone app "Could not start sensor. response code: BSEC_CONFIG_MISSING"

Lisa

Minhwan
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello, 

Did you create bmeconfig file from AI studio and copy into SD card? 

I saw the error when I didn't copy the file into SD card. 

Thank you. 

Hello Minhwan,

yes. I tried it both with a completely new created bmeconfig from the AI-Studio, and with the one that is supplied as part of the board firmware (BME688_x8Board_v1.5.0), both result in the error message. It also doesn't matter if there is a bsec config created from an algorithm inside the AI studio.

Is there a specific file path for the configs? Currently, I just moved them as-is into the root directory of the SD card.

Thanks

Sebastian

Minhwan
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

No, once you created your own bmeconfig file, just need to copy into SD card, not making folder. 

It seems like another user faced similar issue, and fixed. 

https://community.bosch-sensortec.com/t5/MEMS-sensors-forum/BME-Development-Kit-App-Bluetooth-connec... 

Could you check this one? 

Thank you. 

Karthikg
    Established Member

Minhwan,

none of the recomendations here are working... The one you sent, this doesnt apply as we clearly have the data logging (i.e SD card present). multiple people have the same issue..

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist