Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BME688 connection to Android App

BME688 connection to Android App

Karthikg
    Established Member

Hi,

I am trying to use the BME688 Andriod APP that was recently released. The App is able to connect to the BME 8x board via bluetooth.  The SD card with the config file is present. (i.e it is logging data). but right after the app connects, i get this msg on the APP :

"Could not start sensor. response code: BSEC_CONFIG_MISSING"

if i look at the SD card and open a raw data file it creates (its flashed with the bme68x_demo_sample.ino.bin ) - i see this header.. as a appVersion of 0.7.4 not sure if this works with the App that i downloaed for the Andriod. 

{
    "configHeader": {
    "dateCreated": "2020-10-20T08:54:10.804Z",
    "appVersion": "0.7.4",
    "boardType": "board_8",
    "boardMode": "heater_profile_exploration",
    "boardLayout": "grouped"
    } ....

i have a *.bmeconfig in the SD card. so not sure what else is needed. again no documention etc. so its very tiny bit frustrating. 

Thanks,

Karthik

39 REPLIES 39

Hello Livnov_Vitaliy, 

Thanks for sharing your info. 

It seems like there is some version compability issue with latest version , so if the comfie file is working, please use it now 🙂 

Thanks, 

Minhwan
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Please try below steps. ( I tested it again today)

• Download all latest software
      1. BME688 Dev kit Software (v.1.5.0)
      2. BME688 Dev Android App (v.1.1.3)
      3. AI studio (v1.6.0)

• Update firmware for BME688 dev kit based on 1.a
    • Gather new data after reset BME688 dev kit (At least, two type of data you need)
    • Run AI studio and learn algorithm, them generate config file. Then, generate BME board configure file.
    • Remove previous bmeconfig and config files in SD card, and copy the files into SD card.
    • Run Android app and connect BME688 dev kit

Just in case, I attached my test files.

Thank you.

Hello,

I have the same issue. 

How do you Update firmware for BME688 dev kit based on 1.a ? Is it via arduino or other method, I couldn't find a clear documentation so far? 

Thanks for your help

GDD
    Established Member

I followed EspressIf's esp32 documentation:

https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-ids/en/latest/esp32/get-started/

This left me with a command prompt window where I could flash and file to the esp32-wroom-32e adafruit feather.

I also setup an Arduino IDE but that took a lot of space.

on RPI4 it led to these instructions:

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    sudo apt-get install git wget flex bison gperf python3 python3-pip python3-setuptools cmake ninja-build ccache libffi-dev libssl-dev dfu-util libusb-1.0-0
    mkdir -p ~/esp
    cd ~/esp
    git clone --recursive https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf.git
    cd ~/esp/esp-idf
    python -m pip install --upgrade pip
    . ~/.profile
    get_idf
    ./install.sh esp32,esp32c2,esp32c3

Then esptool.py is available to perform the flash. I did:

. .profile
    get_idf
    esptool --port /dev/ttyUSB0 .........

GDD
    Established Member

From looking at the files, the test files weren't needed.

====

Thanks! I haven't proceeded to this point since my confidence levels of actually detecting coffee were pretty low.

I only purchased a shuttle board since I already have some esp32-wroom-32e adafruit feather boards. 

I believe I might have not performed the burnin period correctly. I flashed their firmware and just let it blink for a day.

There's some reading for me to do before I actually have any clue what is really going on.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist