cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BME688 gas classification working with devkit but not with single sensor

BME688 gas classification working with devkit but not with single sensor

dmalcorps

Hello,

I am using the bme688 devkit to gather data for 2 gas classes. After using ai-studio to generate the bsec config file, I am testing the gas classification with the example application provided under https://github.com/BoschSensortec/Bosch-BSEC2-Library, which works. But if I am trying to use the same configuration with one of our own sensors connected over i2c the classification does not work. I tried three different sensors but none showed the correct gas class. In fact the classification output does not change at all, regardless of the air around the sensor. I hardly believe that all three sensors are somehow defective, given that every other metric, be it temperature, humidity, raw gas resistence, does change according to changes in the air. Does a custom bsec config only works with the dev board? What could be the error?

Kind regards,

Dennis

13 REPLIES 13

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi dmalcorps,

Custom BSEC config also works with other board which BME688 on board.
    After using ai-studio to generate the bsec config file, You can replace "config/FieldAir_HandSanitizer/FieldAir_HandSanitizer.h" with your config file and run the example.
    https://github.com/BoschSensortec/Bosch-BSEC2-Library/blob/master/examples/generic_examples/basic_co...

Thanks for replying, but that does not work. After using AI Studio to create a custom config file and replacing the header file inside the the sketch, the gas classification only works on the dev-board. After some intensive testing (sensor breakout boards from different manufactors, with and without loading the bsec state), the only reliable way to make the classification work is using the first sensor (#define SENS_NUM 0) on the dev-board. Everything else fails.

I have attached the serial output of my sketch which shows the classification estimates for 2 classes (normal air and mortadella), sequentially testet with all 8 sensors from the devboard. The sensor was exposed to clean air in this case. Why does it only work for the first (and somewhat for the 5th)? Is there some special config I have to set inside the sensor? Do I need to "burn in" (let it run a week or two continuously) to actually get proper results in time?  What am I doing wrong?

I have also attached my bsec config. I am currently completely out of ideas.

(I can't attach .txt files? Really?)

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi dmalcorps,

After our internal check, we reproduced your problem.
    For the tested sensors and the trained sensors, BME AI-Studio relies more on the trained sensors. There are some problems with the support of the tested sensors. The sensor aging model function of AI Studio is in the development stage.

"The sensor aging model function of AI Studio is in the development stage."

So, did I buy your product to be a beta tester? If so, that is very improper and misleading of Bosch. NOTHING prior to purchase mentioned that the software was not FULLY ready for release.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist