Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BME688 x8 board example (BME688 dev kit) code running

BME688 x8 board example (BME688 dev kit) code running

Minhwan
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello all, 

I saw several posts in terms of BME 688 example in BME688 x8 board, and here is the quick guide how to do it. 

Please donwload our both libraries and add the libraries in Arduino. 

https://github.com/BoschSensortec/Bosch-BSEC2-Library

https://github.com/BoschSensortec/Bosch-BME68x-Library

There is example codes for x8 board. 

\Bosch-BSEC2-Library-master\examples\x8_board_examples\

You don't need to change anything, but  directly build and run with the board. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9

I am running code based on the 'basic_config_state' sketch with additional outputs specified and capturing the outputs to charts.  
    This is the Generic code not the x8 code ...

I am using the BSEC2 library having found that calibration status > 1 was not achieved with the older library.

This has been running for a few hours and run-in status is 1 while stabilisation status is 0.

Questions, if I may, please ..

1. Temperature & Humidity Outputs
    For temperature and humidity readings, is it better to use the raw or compensated values?
    (I am seeing that the compensated values have not settled)

2. Configuration
    In the example, which includes detection of hand sanitiser, I've not found where the voltage (1.8 / 3.3) and heating time is defined.  Also, I'm not sure what power mode this uses (e.g. LP, ULP).  In the old library it was easier to see this from the choice of configuration file.
    Could you advise what 'mode' this uses?

3. Calibration Time
    Is there any way of getting an estimate of time to calibration?
    Currently STATIC_IAQ, co2 Equivalent and breath VOC are at 25, 500 and 0.5 respectively pending calibration competion.
    It would be useful to know whether calibration is improving or not

thank you.

Minhwan
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello, 

Unfortunately, BSEC library currently supports ESP32 only, not ESP32-S2. 

You can additionally request it to visit https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/about-us/contact/contact-form, use the contact form to submit your request and please make sure you refer to the question posed in the community. 

Thanks, 

Minhwan
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello, 

1. You can use compensated values after applying input heating source 

https://community.bosch-sensortec.com/t5/MEMS-sensors-forum/BSEC-INPUT-HEATSOURCE-How-to-define/td-p...

For test, raw data should be okay. 

2. To detect hand sanitiser, we are using high performance. BSEC_SAMPLE_RATE_HIGH_PERFORMANCE in bsec_datatypes.h

3. calibration time can be varied by your environment. Therefore, I can't say exact time for calibration. 

Thanks, 

hugehead
    Established Member

Hello, is the example for X8 board reading multiple (like all 😎 bme688= It seems that the arduino example is reading only 1 sensor. I am trying to read multiple bme688 like described in here

https://community.bosch-sensortec.com/t5/forums/editpage/board-id/bst_community-mems-forum/message-i...

Minhwan
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello, 

Current our example is to read one selected sensor only. But, you can change the selected sensor. 

Ultimately, you can read all sensor's data. 

In our arduino example, you can change the sensor based on SENS_NUM.

/* sensors are numbered 0-7 */
    #define SENS_NUM 0

Thanks, 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist