cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BME688_x8Board: software release?

BME688_x8Board: software release?

nkdnnlr

Hi!
    In an earlier thread, someone asked for 'bme68x_demo_sample.ino', which is the source code for producing the binary 'bme68x_demo_sample.ino', which is a part of the released 'BME688_x8Board_v1.5.0' software. See here for original thread: https://community.bosch-sensortec.com/t5/MEMS-sensors-forum/bme68x-demo-sample-ino/td-p/24951

A moderator answered that 'bme68x_demo_sample.ino' will be released very soon on GitHub. Now it has been over a month, and I am wondering if the source file will ever be disclosed, and if yes, when. If not, I am tempted to go with another sensor manufacturer, as, unfortunately, without this software the BME688 sensor is quite useless for our purposes. Further, I have not found the wiring schematics of  the BME688 x8 dev-board, it would be great if that would be made available too.
    Many thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello nkdnnlr,

The source code was under estimation by internal team, and will be released to github in the future.

If you need it urgently to develop a project, for your special requests, please visit https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/about-us/contact/contact-form, use the contact form to submit your request and please make sure you refer to the question posed in the community.

Thanks BSTRobin for your reply.

Regarding your two points:
    1. Great to hear that someone is working on it. When you say in the future, is there a rough estimate on when this will be released on GitHub?
    2. I have contacted the team via the contact form several times already, and have so far not received any reply. Not even a confirmation email to say, is this usually the case? 

Thanks in advance for answering!
    Nik

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello nkdnnlr,

The latest status is: we are working on the demo application code internally. This release is for global users, so publishing to GitHub requires rigorous internal audit, which takes some time. It is expected to be released in recent weeks.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist