Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BMI090L feature set enable

BMI090L feature set enable

lbr-peek

Hi,

we are developing a werable and have the need for orientation detection.
    Checking the datasheet we choose the bmi090l as it has the so called acc enhanced feature set, which provides such abilities like "Orientation detection".

Using some parts needed from the provided API on GitHub and along the datasheet we tried enabeling this "orientation detection" feature set.
    Still we can´t get it running.

Reading the corresponding registries for enabling the feature set gives gives us the result, that it should be activated correctly.

How to properly enable this feature set?

Is the provided sub address in the api correct: #define BMI090L_ORIENT_START_ADR UINT8_C(0x09)
    As the datasheet says: ORIENT_1 is in 0x5E:0x12

Used routine for enabeling the feature set:
    1. Enable ACC power control
    2. activate ACC power conf
    3. Set acc range
    4. Set acc conf (output data rate)
    5. write feature set at 0x5E with "BMI090L_ORIENT_START_ADR = UINT8_C 0x09" offset. (mode,blocking,theta,hysteresis,enable,ud_en)
    6. Enable ACC init ctrl 

Did we miss anything or is there anything to to special when enabeling this feature set?

Thanks.
    Best regards
    Luis

5 REPLIES 5

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello lbr-peek,

Did you use BMI090L orientation example in github?
    https://github.com/BoschSensortec/BMI090L-Sensor-API/blob/master/examples/orientation/orientation.c

Hi ,

yes I worked along this example with sligth changes.
    I simply changed the blocking mode = 0, as I want to detect every change in orientation.

Also the upload of the config file works fine, every register is set correctly wehn reading them out.

Best
    Luis

Re: Hi ,

yes I worked along this example with sligth changes.
    I simply changed the blocking mode = 0, as I want to detect every change in orientation.

Also the upload of the config file works fine, every register is set correctly wehn reading them out.

Best
    Luis
    ______

Hi ,
    this topic is still up to date.
    Although I worked along the example, it is STILL not working/starting.
    I did test out everything but still the feature set wont run and detect a change in orientation.

Please tell me if you need any more specific information on the said topic.

I´m looking forward to hear from you
    Best
    Luis

Hi BSTRobin,

got it working now.
    Simple but difficult issue was, in order to properly configure the acc during runtime with the new feature set, I did a soft reset.
    Soft reset also resets the config file and therefore it had to be newly written into the unit.

After doing so it now works according to the datasheet. (only orientation landscape left seems to get detected the most but finetuning should do its job there)

Best
    Luis

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist