Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BMI270 SPI Init error

BMI270 SPI Init error

JulianGra
    New Poster

Hello,

I am trying to initalize the BMI270 with CY8C4024AXI with the SPI interface. I get the right Chip_ID and i can write the config file from the API but i always get the error code 0xF7 from the internal status register (0x21).  This is a compat_error but i did not find much information about this error.

I have also checket the first read and write before the config file and that are ok ( i compared it with a initialization sequence that i found in this forum).

I have attached my code.

Thanks

Julian

4 REPLIES 4

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi JulianGra,

For you code, you can read 0x21 register after sensor initialization.
    In bmi270_init() function, it will call bmi2_soft_reset() to perform soft-reset to bring all register values to their default values.

Hi BSTRobin,

Sry i made a mistake.  I am getting 0x00 (not_init) back of the internal register after writing the config file.

Hello

I have tried to increase the time after writing the config file and i have tried to ask request the internal status again. But it did not helped. 
    Did anyone has another solution or a example code for a cypress controller.

Thanks

Julian

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi JulianGra,

See it from you previous code, you are using BMI270 base version software. I uploaded example code on STM32 for your reference.

BMI270 (base)

• Any motion, No motion, Significant motion detectors
    • Wrist worn Step counter and Step detector (Pedometer)
    • Activity change recognition
      • Still
      • Walking
      • Running
    • Wrist gestures
      • Push arm down
      • Pivot up
      • Wrist shake jiggle
      • Flick in
      • Flick out
    • Wrist wear wake up

BMI270 Context

• Step counter and Step detector (Pedometer)
      • Still
      • Walking
      • Running

BMI270 Legacy

• Any motion, No motion, Significant motion detector
    • Orientation detector (Advanced Potrait-Landscape)
    • High-G, Low-G (Freefall) detector
    • Flat detector
    • Tap detection (Single, Double, Triple taps)
    • Smartphone Step counter and Step detector (Pedometer)
      • Still
      • Walking
      • Running

BMI270 Maximum FIFO

• Supports a 6kB FIFO
    Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist