Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BMM150 and BMI088 on a glider

BMM150 and BMI088 on a glider

sethc333

Hey guys,

I am designing an absolute orientation sensor suite to track my glider's orientation. I do fly some loops and hard turns, but much of my time is spent spiraling up thermals. I'm currently looking at using a BMI088 with a BMM150 and would like to understand how the sensor readings might drift over multi-hour flights.

Does the BMM150 require a stationary orientation in order to accurately measure its orientation? If so, how long does it take to reorient itself once the plane is maintaining a constant orientation? 

If not, what are its limitations? How fast can the glider turn before the magnetometer loses its bearings? And, once again, how fast does the magnetometer reorient itself and does the glider need to maintain a constant orientation for it to do so?

I understand that the BMI088 will support the BMM150 through the fusion software, but I need it to track this glider for multiple hours of uninterrupted flight, with as little  hassle as possible. I figured that this is best sensor combination for this application, but I am no expert.

Thank you for you insights!

14 REPLIES 14

FAE_CA1
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi,

BSXFull library is running inside BNO055 and BHI260AP and upcoming BHI360 smart sensors. If you need BSXFull library running in your own processor, then it is not free (license fee) and has some requirements before we can release the library in binary format and the integration guide PDF file to you. 

If you want to move forward, please send a private message to me with your company name, address and your company email address. We can go from there.

Thanks.

Hi,

While remaining circling the indicated roll angle will quickly go to 0. This because the BSX sensor fusion software inside the BNO055 will include the larger longer lasting acceleration as a component of earth's gravity and start adjusting the horizon. Any advice on how to correct or compensate this?

Thanks for answering.

FAE_CA1
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi,

Unfortunately, currently we don't have such solution available yet to correct or compensate roll angle quickly going to 0 while glider is turning and moving forward. You may do some online researches on inertial navigation or AHRS solutions.

Thanks.

eric3
    New Visitor

I'm from Luoyang Forging Tungsten and Molybdenum Materials Co. My name is Eric.

We are a production and processing company, and our main products are tungsten and molybdenum materials and other materials including tantalum, niobium, zirconium and titanium.

Our products include precision machined tungsten and molybdenum material components for semiconductor ion implantation, MOCVD, sputtering targets, molybdenum electrodes, a variety of products for use in heat shield heating furnaces, TZM alloys, Mo-La alloys, tungsten-based high-density alloys, as well as plates, rods, sheets, wires, and tubes in a variety of sizes made from tantalum, niobium, zirconium, titanium, and other materials.
    This is our company website: https://www.tungstparts.com/
    This is my Whatsapp: +86 13488651149
    This is my email: eric@forgedmoly.com

eric3
    New Visitor

I'm from Luoyang Forging Tungsten and Molybdenum Materials Co. My name is Eric.

We are a production and processing company, and our main products are tungsten and molybdenum materials and other materials including tantalum, niobium, zirconium and titanium.

Our products include precision machined tungsten and molybdenum material components for semiconductor ion implantation, MOCVD, sputtering targets, molybdenum electrodes, a variety of products for use in heat shield heating furnaces, TZM alloys, Mo-La alloys, tungsten-based high-density alloys, as well as plates, rods, sheets, wires, and tubes in a variety of sizes made from tantalum, niobium, zirconium, titanium, and other materials.
    This is our company website: https://www.tungstparts.com/
    This is my Whatsapp: +86 13488651149
    This is my email: eric@forgedmoly.com

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist