Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BMP280 Soldering

BMP280 Soldering

YongkunLiu
    New Poster

Hello,

I have a PCB design waiting to be manufactured, which uses BMP280 sensor.

According to the datasheet, a vapor process during reflow soldering may damage the sensor, in this case, how can the sensor be soldered onto the PCB?

(Obviously it is impossible to do this by hand because the sensor is too small)

Thanks for any suggestion or solution.

Yongkun Liu

6 REPLIES 6

Vincent
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

You can use membrane (IP67 level) to cover sensor before vapor proccessing,   then remove it after vapor processing.

Hello, Vincent,

thank you so much for your reply.

But I'm sorry, your suggestion will not work. I made a contact with the PCB manufacturer and they said, it is impossible for the soldering machine to operate when the sensor is covered by a tape.

But I think there has to be a solution, because this sensor is designed to be intergrated into the electronic devices, which must be massively produced by the machine in the PCB factory. So could you please tell me: normally, how is this sensor mounted onto a PCB?

Sincerely,

Yongkun Liu

YongkunLiu
    New Poster

Hello,

how can a BMP280 be soldered onto a PCB? The vapor process will damage the sensor, someone in this forum tells me to cover it with a tape but the manufacturer said no because it is impossible for the machine to operate......

So what is the recommended soldering methode for this sensor? I'm sorry that I know nothing about the PCB assembly...... Could anyone please give me some tips?

Sincerely,

Yongkun Liu

YongkunLiu
    New Poster

Hello,

according to the datasheet, the sensor BMP280 is not suitable for a vapor process during the soldering. Does it mean that after the vapor process the sensor is 100% broken? If not, how is the possibility for it to survive?

Sincerely,

Yongkun Liu

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist