Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BMP390 always measuring 0 temperature C and pressure hPa

BMP390 always measuring 0 temperature C and pressure hPa

Kozma
    New Poster

Hi everyone,

I am integrating a BMP390 sensor (via SPI) in a drone project, in order to be able to determine the altitude of the device.

I have managed to properly initialise the sensor via SPI, but I can't get any temperature, nor pressure measurements. I have enabled both measurements and tried both Forced and Normal modes using the PWR_CTRL register, but the STATUS register never indicates any measurement as being ready.

I have also tried using the bmp3 API but I had no success. The sensor initializes properly, but all measurements return 0.

Please, is it possible to obatin a few tips regarding what might be going on, in order to make the sensor work?

Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3

Minhwan
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi Kozma, 

I hope you are using our official API as below. 

https://github.com/BoschSensortec/BMP3-Sensor-API

If yes, there is read sensor data example as below. 

https://github.com/BoschSensortec/BMP3-Sensor-API/tree/master/examples/read_sensor_data

Have you tried that one? 

If you can't read sensor data, it might be error return value in somewhere. 

Could you please check it and let me know? 

Thank you. 

Hi Minhwan,

Thank you for your suggestion. Although I ran the example code from the link you provided along with the specified API, the measurements are still never printed out. The drdy bit from the INT_STATUS register always seems to read 0.

Also, no API function returns an error.

Thank you.

Minhwan
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi Kozma, 

Do you have logic analyzer or any data logger that you can share? 

Then, I will compare it and let you know. 

When you share your log, please let me know  which example you used 🙂 

Thank you. 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist