Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BMX160: Getting Trim values of Magnetometer

BMX160: Getting Trim values of Magnetometer

cwi
    Established Member

Hi,

i am trying to read the trim values of the magnetometer. It is not described in the datasheet. 

As far as I've read from the bmi160 driver firmware it has to be done via the internal bus. But I cannot not use the driver implementation since I am using nordic SPI transaction manager which does not allow the usage of the driver. Therefore, I would like to know the exact line of commands to write and the expected responses from the sensor.

Could you please show me where to find these informations.

Kind regards,

CW

7 REPLIES 7

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

Where are you from?

Maybe you can contact the distributor sales and then transfer to bst local FAE.

Please see the following link:

https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/about-us/contact/our-distributors-and-sales-representatives/

cwi
    Established Member

Okay I've wrote an email but in the meantime I have some further questions.

I've got the API code running up to a certain point:

https://github.com/BoschSensortec/BMI160_driver#initialization-of-auxiliary-sensor-bmm150

Everything runs fine except when I try to init the bmm150 (remember I have a bmx160). And here is something wrong in the documentation.

1. The current version of the bmm150 code does not have a bmm150.delay_ms = delay_ms; but a bmm150.delay_us function. Why?

2. And there is now an intf_ptr  which is used for the read and write function pointers. But these function pointers in your documentation do not use this pointer.

3. And so on....

So there is a big gap between your code and documentation.

Kind regards,

cwi

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

Please see my comments:

1. Due to the different version of API code,  you need to update these interface function.

2. This "intf_ptr " pointer you can ignore if it don't be called for some features in API code.

The reference code is from an old version API code, there are some small gaps, but it is easy to handle them and don't affect the actual usage.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist