Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BMX160: Getting Trim values of Magnetometer

BMX160: Getting Trim values of Magnetometer

cwi
    Established Member

Hi,

i am trying to read the trim values of the magnetometer. It is not described in the datasheet. 

As far as I've read from the bmi160 driver firmware it has to be done via the internal bus. But I cannot not use the driver implementation since I am using nordic SPI transaction manager which does not allow the usage of the driver. Therefore, I would like to know the exact line of commands to write and the expected responses from the sensor.

Could you please show me where to find these informations.

Kind regards,

CW

7 REPLIES 7

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

Currently API code only is available. Please the following link to downloard  BMI160+BMM150 drivers.

https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/products/motion-sensors/absolute-orientation-sensors/absolute-orien...

If you can't use it and want to write and read registers directly, recommend you to achieve your feature with API code first, and then read out all registers to re-write them or according to API code to write the corresponding registers one by one.

cwi
    Established Member

Sorry again, but this is not possible with the API code. Because the SPI master runs asynchronously. Is it not possible to get an exact sequence of bytes to send and receive to get the trim parameters?

kind regards,

CW

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

Did you get the sensor data of BMI160? Did you only want to get trim values of BMM150?

If you want how to get trim registers, you can know these with BMM150 API code.

If you want to know how to write and read BMX160 registers directly, currently the related reference code is not official and offered.

Recommend you to achieve it according to API code or contact the local FAE to get more support.

cwi
    Established Member

Okay, how can I contact the local FAE?

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist