Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BMX160 MAG Data validation

BMX160 MAG Data validation

amar
    Established Member

Hi every one,

I am working BMX160 Sensor by connecting it to QN9080 MCU via SPI Lines.

Till now am getting Raw data of ACC,GYRO and MAG.

As per datasheet i am getting ACC and GYRO data as 0,0,+/-1 and 0,0,0 in rest position(Page no:106 in bmi160 data sheet).

But how do i know whethet i am getting correct MAG data or not? Is there any tool or App is there for validating mag data from bmx160 sensor?

Thank you,

amarr

5 REPLIES 5

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

In earth field conditions, the normal sensor data may be  tens of uT values.

But the magnetometer is easy to be interfered by soft iron and hard iron, so the values sensor output is hard to be confirmed. It means the raw data don't be checked valid or invalid directly.

First recommend you to finish magnetometer calibration to remove soft iron and hard iron influence and then verify it via algorithm, like compass or orientation.

amar
    Established Member

Hi Jet,

Thank you for reply,

I did soft iron and offset compensation to  mag raw values. Now i have 9 raw readings of ACC, GYRO, MAG and i am using madwick filter for converting raw data into pitch,roll and yaw. For doing this can i use Sensortime value from BMX160? Because some of using it and some of are not using it when they implementing madwick filter. I m confusing so please clarify me.

What is the use of sensortime from bmx160?

Thank you,

amarr 

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

The sensortime is a free running counter, it is an interior counter of sensor and can be shared to external system.

After sensor power on, it will run, and the counter loop constantly from 0 to maximum and then to 0.

If there is host system time in your platform, it is not necessary for you to use it.

If you want to confirm the sensor data time or there is no system time, you can use it.

You can read the datasheet to know how to use it.

amar
    Established Member

Hi Jet,

Thank you so much for your reply,

From bmx160, Raw MAG data will come in uTesla or can use any thing to convert it into it?

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist