Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BNO055 Fusion Interrupt

BNO055 Fusion Interrupt

Nico1
    New Poster

Hello,

To my best knowledge, this question is not answered elsewhere. It appears that I am misunderstanding the datasheet, but I can't see what I am doing wrong.

We are using the BNO055 IMU-fusion submode. I have three questions:

1.) The datasheet (November 2020), states:

Footnote 6: "This field is only available with software versions 3.14 and above".

Footnote 7: "The current pre-programmed software version is 3.11 ..".

I do not understand this. Are the devices deliberately delivered with outdated software? And why?

2.) Footnote 6 (mentioned above), is about the ACC_BSX_DRDY interrupt. Can anyone please explain, what is the use of any fusion-mode, if I don't know when new data is available. What should I do to, *immediately* read the data, when it comes available?

3.) When are the devices with new firmware (versions 3.14 and above) being delivered?

Thank you for your attention,

Best regards,

Nico Zink

8 REPLIES 8

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Nico1,

1.Before production, version 3.11 was verified. Did you have any actual problems when you used it?

2.Please refer 3.8.2.1 in data sheet for detailed description of ACC_BSX_DRDY .

BNO055 ACC_BSX_DRDY.png

3. Please refer reply 1.

Thank you for your answer.

1.) Yes I have problems with the ACC_BSX_DRDY interrupt, as in no interrupts are triggered after proper configuration. Other interrupt do work properly, suggesting that I am detecting the interrupt-pin level changes correctly.

2.) I have studied this text. Have a look again at Footnote 6: "This field is only available with software versions 3.14 and above". If I interprete correctly, it literly suggests that both the INT_EN (interrupt enable) and INT_STA (interrupt enable) cannot be used for the Fusion submodes. So, this text is not valid, given the pre-installed firmware, correct?

3.) I assume that you try to say that Bosch does not have any plans to upgrade the firmware on the newer devices being produced?

(replied to you specifically now)

Thank you for your answer.

1.) Yes I have problems with the ACC_BSX_DRDY interrupt, as in no interrupts are triggered after proper configuration. Other interrupt do work properly, suggesting that I am detecting the interrupt-pin level changes correctly.

2.) I have studied this text. Have a look again at Footnote 6: "This field is only available with software versions 3.14 and above". If I interprete correctly, it literly suggests that both the INT_EN (interrupt enable) and INT_STA (interrupt enable) cannot be used for the Fusion submodes. So, this text is not valid, given the pre-installed firmware, correct?

3.) I assume that you try to say that Bosch does not have any plans to upgrade the firmware on the newer devices being produced?

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Nico1,

We are checking if it support update new firmware.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist