Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BNO055 Sensor behavior with horizontal rotation

BNO055 Sensor behavior with horizontal rotation

uma
    Established Member

Hi Everyone,

1. As we are a product based company, We purchased BNO055 Sensor Dev kit for our development, and we are evaluating it for our requirement.
    We found an observation that, when the sensor is an horizontal rotation(say 90 degree in heading ) and if usb dev kit is unplugged and plugged, and opening Bosch Development Desktop UI again means, we are getting 0 degree in heading information when we are in relative and absolute modes (IMU plus and NDOF )
    2. As per datasheet, it should have some difference in it's heading information, but we didnt see any difference in both the modes. and seeing only 0 degree after power on, even if it is already in 90 degree position.

So please provide your support to overcome this issue.

Thanks in Advance,
    Uma Maheswari.G

19 REPLIES 19

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

Could you show your BNO055 versions and hardware crystal  connection way?

Would you like to  have a look at the following link?

https://community.bosch-sensortec.com/t5/MEMS-sensors-forum/BNO055-power-on-reset-issues/m-p/6192

Hopefully, it can help you.

If it don't resolve your inquiry, please continue your topic to me.

uma
    Established Member

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. and we will consider your reply on sensor reset issue and proceed further.

Now we are trying to evaluate Any/no motion interrupts of gyroscope. but in the datasheet it is showing interrupts supports with FW Version 3.14 and above

Tried reading this version with sensor registers read operations and found our dev kit and sensor has SW version 3.11,

Tried updating the firmware in devkit, by putting in boot mode.

We found one .fwu file in Bosch sensortec folder created when installing drivers for the devkit.

if i flash using that .fwu file, reset and checked again means same FW version 3.11 iam getting back.

Where can we get the latest fw binary files to flash and check interrupts of BNO055?

Please help us.

Thanks & Regards,

Uma Maheswari.G

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

Click the following link to get the latest version of Development Desktop 2.0 and install it, then the new version of BNO055 fw will be got from your installed folder (relative path: .\Bosch Sensortec\Development Desktop 2.0\Firmware).

Please have a try, hopefully it can help you.

https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/software-tools/tools/development-desktop-software/

uma
    Established Member

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

i tried installing the latest version, and switched to boot mode.

and also when flashing new binary file V3.4.fwu2 , something became wrong and flashing got failed.

now, the dev kit is not getting detected as a com port.

i can unserstand, that it is in an unknown state, since the fw flashing got failed.

could you please help me, how to recover it...and also could you please tell me what is the exact installer i need to install for latest firmware.

i am seeing a lot of installer, whenever i try to install new installer, i am seeing only Development desktop version 2.0 only. 

please help me to resolve my issues.

Thanks & Regards,
    Uma Maheswari.G

Jet
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Sir:

Correct, recommend you to updated FW into flash by Development desktop version 2.0 application.

Or you contact local FAE to help you to do.

Thank you.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist