Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BNO055 Software Version

BNO055 Software Version

paschaef

Hi all,

In the data sheet of the BNO055 certain fields in the register map (e.g. ACC_BSX_DRDY)  are marked to be only available with software version 3.14 and above.

Which software version is this referring to? The firmware running on the MCU inside the package?
    How do I know which software version I am running on?

Thanks for your help.

29 REPLIES 29

Vincent
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

There is some internal reference code for FW upgrade.  

Please contact your local FAE for those code and steps on how to upgrade BNO055 FW.  

Hi Vincent,

I am also keen to upgrade my BNO055 via my own MCU.

Can you please provide more information on how I can achieve that?

I haven't burned the final PCB yet, so I am quite flexible to expose pins.

thanks 

Vincent
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

For HW design, it is simple,  just make the nBOOT_LOAD_PIN to be controlled by your MCU.  When this pin was pulled low,  sensor will enter boot loader mode and allowed MCU to write down the new FW into sensor. 

For more detail on how to program the FW into sensor is restrict information.   

Thanks for your understanding. If you have any further requests, please visit https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/about-us/contact/contact-form, and use the contact form to submit your request.

Hi  Vincent,

Thank you for your quick reply. 

I contact Bosch support using the link you shared.
    It seems, they are not very responsive. Probably takes couple weeks until they find my email 😄 

Just have a quick question, 
    As I understood, if I connect BOOT & RESET pins (BNO055) to MCU, I would be able to update the firmware via I2C later time

Kind regards, Reza

Vincent
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Yes, you are right.  

BTW, where are you located?  maybe you can send me the pravite mail in the Community.  then i can try to see if i can speed up this.  🙂 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist