cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

BNO055 calibration

BNO055 calibration

boardarch
    New Poster

I'm looking at using the BNO055 sensor for measuring the angles towards gavitation in an industrial applciation, no absolute north/south orientation is needed.

Calibration after power on is undesierable, or even probably impossible. So my take is to calibrate once at installation, then store the calibration values and write them back after power on. I havent really understood if that is possible through the documentation. Is it possible to write back calibration data after power on and have the internal fusion algorithms to move to the calibrated state and start calculating absolut orientation angels?

Best, Anders

5 REPLIES 5

boardarch
    New Poster

It's primarily the magnetometer that will be hard / impossible to calibrate after power on, so what I need is to be able to write back previously stored calibration data for that sensor. Will calibration go to stage 3 after writing back those values without requiereing calibration movement of the sensor?

Best, Anders

Are there any Bosch guys here? This should be the primary plae for getting support on the sensors and some attention would be appreciated

In your case, you mention that you don't need absolute heading, and therefore : you don't need the magnetometer at all. Please use the IMU working mode.

That solves the magnetometer calibration issue.

Gyroscope calibration only requires the device to be static, and takes less than a second, I would recommend to leave the BNO055 do it's thing.

Accelerometer calibration is what causes pitch&roll offset and this would be the only parameter that you may want to save and reload. Most applications do not need to wait for accelerometer calibration, what is your target accuracy?

Thank you, that makes things easier.

Im targeting 0.1 degrees accuracy of roll and pitch angles

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist