Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BSEC - BME680 - Calibration. What happens when IAQ Accuracy is <3

BSEC - BME680 - Calibration. What happens when IAQ Accuracy is <3

JohnRob
    Established Member

I would like to know the requirements to get to IAQ Accurace [3] with regards to contineous operation.

While trying to figure how to save the state and configurations to external EEPROM, I noticed the state is only saved when IAQ Accuracy = 3.

From the BSEC example file "basic_config_state.ino"

/* Set a trigger to save the state. Here, the state is saved every STATE_SAVE_PERIOD with the first state being saved once the algorithm achieves full calibration, i.e. iaqAccuracy = 3 */

Does this mean if the power cannot be removed (for even a glitch) until the IAQ accuracy =3 ?  So if my power had a peridic glitch (causing the micro to reboot) it might never reach an IAQ Accurach of = 3.

I guess I could change the example code, but the designers chose this action for a reason.  Does anyone know their thoughts ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

handytech
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

@JohnRob wrote:

I guess I could change the example code, but the designers chose this action for a reason.  Does anyone know their thoughts ?

This code is provided as reference therefore anyone is indeed free to edit it, as long as one understands the possible resulting changes in behavior.

the first state being saved once the algorithm achieves full calibration, i.e. iaqAccuracy = 3

Saving the first state once an iaqAccuracy level of 3 is reached only ensures the at least one known fully-calibrated state is stored. Saving the state file regardless of the accuracy level would also be possible, although reloading a state with an iaqAccuracy of 1 would also mean the library was already aware that its current calibration was not optimal.

It is also a good way for new BSEC users to ensure the library can successfully reach full accuracy and thus also a hint that integration was most likely succesfully.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist