Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BSEC + DevKit + BME688: Odd Gas Resistance Values

ilcnet
    Established Member

Re: BSEC + DevKit + BME688: Odd Gas Resistance Values

Thanks for your response S_Brohl

Can you send me your email address or whtsp for help, i need a more information about Bme688 and shuttle board.best regards
    ilcnet
    Established Member

Hi dear S_Brohl

How can i save calibrated status and which of examples are good to calibration sensor with it,you say needed to 72 hours for calibration, 72 hours continuously without any cut battery? And after calibration this problem will be solve? And the values of co2 and iaq are going up after sensing gases and dirty weather? Best regards
    S_Brohl

Hi ilcnet,

Yes, 72 hours continuously is how I burned in my devkits. As for the state saving, check out the Arduino sketch, "basic_config.ino", that comes with the BSEC2 library. You can see in one of the functions that the state is saved off to the EEPROM, and there is a check to update it every so often (as defined in the code). For doing this outside of an Arduino MCU I am not too sure, but I am sure you can save the data to a file and read from it at sensor startup for the same effect.

After calibrating/burning-in the sensor with a state file in place you should be able to see a change in the output provided by your sensor (however no guarantee. I just work with the sensor and don't know nearly as much as the team in Bosch SensorTec that designed it).

ilcnet
    Established Member

Hi dear S_Brohl
    With your offered response i used the sensor with state example code for 72 hours and the iaq accuracy fixed in 3 that it was good level for calibration, after this i used again previous code that i paste it, again the co2 value and iaq value going down after sensing dirty wheatear unfortunately, can you help me what's the matter that this sensor working reverse. Thanks
    BSTRobin
    Community Moderator

Hi ilcnet,

For your previous feedback: I used this code for Bme688 but when sensor sense the smoke co2 and dirty weather the values going down.at the first co2 value is 500 and iaq value is 25 a few minutes later the values are stable in 530 and 30 and this is normal but when i burn a paper or spray a ethanol in front of sensor the values start to going down!

Can you describe your operation in detail? And record the print data. If there is a video, it is better.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist