SOLVED

BSEC + DevKit + BME688: Odd Gas Resistance Values

ilcnet
    Established Member

Re: BSEC + DevKit + BME688: Odd Gas Resistance Values

Hello dear BSTRobin

Yes of course you you can see from this link:
    https://vimeo.com/726695453

If you see this video the Bme688 will be start at the first step with iaq 25 and co2 500 values and after about 5 minutes the value starts to work and going up down up down that's true from here but if you see video in continue after i spray ethanol the values start to go down immediately unfortunately.

Thanks
    BSTRobin
    Community Moderator

Hi ilcnet,

We have viewed the video you provided. The following situations should be guaranteed.
    1、Importance: Accuracy output is from 0~1 according to the video, the customer need to test after the accuracy is 3. Here is the values of accuracy mean:
    0: the sensor is not yet stabilized or in a run-in status
    1: calibration required
    2: calibration on-going
    3: calibration is done
    2、All procedures should follow the intergration_guide
    3、Reducing will decrease sensor resistance, on the contrary, oxidizing will increase sensor resistance. Make sure that there is no strongly oxidizing condition surrounding sensor when you doing additional behavior, otherwise, it may lead wrong read out of BME since it may output "clean" air.
    And we test it by spraying ethanol, the result is IAQ will increase which is different from you described.

ilcnet
    Established Member

Hello dear BSTRobin

I adjusted the sensor to accuracy level 3 according to your instructions, and again the sensor readings decrease inversely when exposed to ethanol. Apart from this, I have three other sensors, they also have the same function, unfortunately.

I don't know one thing, when after 3 days the sensor shows an accuracy number of 3, is that enough? Does that mean the sensor was calibrated forever? It means that the values ​​are saved automatically? So why does the output terminal show zero accuracy after restarting, which means that when we used the sensor in the project, it should take 3 days to calibrate every time it is restarted? Unfortunately, my problem has not been solved.

The video in question was taken after 3 days of calibration and the accuracy number is 3, because the sensor has to be rebooted to upload the code, for this reason the accuracy number shows zero.
    BSTRobin
    Community Moderator

Hi ilcnet,

Could you provide your video or record your print information in the code?

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator

Hi ilcnet,

Please also provide your whole project code for check, thanks.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist