Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BSEC library on MSP430

BSEC library on MSP430

ziomau10

Hi,
    I am trying to fit the BSEC library on an MSP430FR with 64K FERAM and 2K RAM.
    According to the size specifications of the BSEC library it should fit, but I cannot find a way to do it.

The library is compiled with the small model, so it is possible to use only the lower 46K of the available FERAM, but it should fit anyway.
    The requirements should be 32K/1K and at the moment I havo no other code but the BSEC and BME680 driver code.

I am using the gcc compiler (GNU 7.3.2.154 Mitto System) inside the CCS from ti, and I always have many errors like: `.text' will not fit in region `ROM'

Can someone help me?

Regards.
    Mau.

8 REPLIES 8

handytech
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

It seems like the MSP430 compiler has many possible configuration, including --code_model but also --data_model and more. Please share which specific options would be needed in your project, and will investigate if such a release could be generated in the upcoming weeks.

Thank you for yor reply.

We don't have any specific need for a particular configuration.
    Everything else in the project is pure C/C++ written by us, and we can compile it with whatever compiler switch works also for the library.

It would be interesting if you can create a project for the MSP430FR5849 with the library, the necessary standard libraries (math, stdc, ...) and a small main program that make the few necesary library calls.

So you can check if it fits the microcontroller.

We are planning to change microcontroller, in the next hardware generation, in order to solve this and other problems.
    In case you have some suggestion to give us about a low power microcontroller that support the library and that you have worked with, I will be glad to hear.

Thank you very much.
    Regards.

handytech
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Our team is currently working on BSEC update that should be released shortly. Therefore our first focus will be on the generic release update, then we will evaluate if we can make it fit in the MSP430FR5849 specifically. I would expect to come back with more updates by the end of calendar week 28.

handytech
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

To provide an update about this topic, this request eventually reached our official sales partners, and the attached release was provided.

Due to high demands, requests for BSEC releases outside of the default supported platforms should also be addressed to our official Distributors or Sales Representatives channels.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist