Bosch Sensortec Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

BSEC proper Humidty/Temperature Calibration?

BSEC proper Humidty/Temperature Calibration?

Ricky666

Hello

I use the BSEC v1 Library to use a BME680 in my Arduino Project, i would like to calibrate the sensor using a precise already calibrated reference Sensor (so atleast all sensors i have in projects show the same values)

Now im wondering whats the best way to get there?

i saw the BSEC Library has just a "settempoffset" parameter and i imagine i need a 2 point offset-slope to get max accuracy right?

i couldnt find in the library a way to calibrate Humidity, is there a easy way for that i just dont see?

3 REPLIES 3

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Ricky666,

After you download BSEC package, you could find following information about temperature offset from integration guide.

Temperature offsets due to heat sources on the board.png

hmmm i knew about the temperatur offset but is a simple offset enough to get the most accuracy? isnt a 2point offset needed for max accuracy?

i know the sensor measures +/-3% humidity, but would there be a way to also calibrate humidity for better accuracy with a 2 point offset?

from what i understood this bsec temperature offset is just a simple offset for selfheating devices but the accuracy remains +/- the same as stated in the datasheet, i want to calibrate the sensor for better accuracy

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Ricky666,

we use temperature_offset in bsec_iot_init as input for BSEC_INPUT_HEATSOURCE for BSEC. Then the calibrated temperature and humility will be send out in outputs of BSEC_OUTPUT_SENSOR_HEAT_COMPENSATED_TEMPERATURE and BSEC_OUTPUT_SENSOR_HEAT_COMPENSATED_HUMIDITY.

we use dew point to calibrate the temperature and humidity, however we cann‘t give more details on this since this is in the source code of BSEC.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist