Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

How should MAG_IF related registers be configured

How should MAG_IF related registers be configured

Nigel_Zhu
    New Poster

xx.png

How should several registers of mag be configured? What do the bits of these registers represent? How should these registers be configured to make the geomagnetic needle work normally?

11 REPLIES 11

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Nigel_Zhu,

Please refer to the following codes in the attachment to get mag data.

#if defined(DATA_POLL)
    for(;;)
    {
    #if 0
    /* To read only Accel data */
    rslt = bmi160_get_sensor_data(BMI160_ACCEL_SEL, &accel, NULL, dev);

/* To read only Gyro data */
    rslt = bmi160_get_sensor_data(BMI160_GYRO_SEL, NULL, &gyro, dev);
    #else
    /* To read both Accel and Gyro data */
    bmi160_get_sensor_data((BMI160_ACCEL_SEL | BMI160_GYRO_SEL), &accel, &gyro, dev);
    #endif

PDEBUG("ACCEL X : %d , Y : %d , Z : %d\r\n", accel.x, accel.y, accel.z);
    PDEBUG("GYRO X : %d , Y : %d , Z : %d\r\n", gyro.x, gyro.y, gyro.z);
    vGetMagData(dev);
    vTaskDelay(1000);
    }
    #endif

This is to obtain the data of accelerometer and gyroscope. I want the data of geomagnetic needle, and you haven't answered me directly about how to configure the relevant registers of geomagnetic needle. You haven't given me a definite answer about which registers to configure. What registers should be configured to configure the geomagnetic needle sensor? What parameters need to be configured?

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Nigel_Zhu,

vGetMagData(dev) is a function call to obtain geomagnetic data.
    The example code calls the function of sensor API, which contains how to access registers.

vGetMagData(dev);Which function is implemented in the file? Why can't I find the definition or declaration of this function?

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Nigel_Zhu,

Suggest you look at the code previously sent in the attachment.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist