Bosch Sensortec Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Is there a BSEC library for the Renesas RL78?

Is there a BSEC library for the Renesas RL78?

KurtK
    New Poster

I found an article on digikey that stated "Bosch Sensortec provides the BSEC as a binary distribution for major instruction set architectures including... Renesas RL78 MCUs" but have not be able to find a library that works.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

handytech
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

BSEC doesn't support the RL78 in the standard package. You can find the list of platforms and compilers supported by default on the BSEC page on our website.

To check if we could support non-default platform, we generally need to know at least the complete MCU part number (this is helpful to check RAM/FLASH memory requirements) and complete Compiler name and version (to check availability, dependencies support, restrictions, ...). Optionally if the platform can actually be supported, we may need your project-specific requirements (e.g. compiler/linker flags, etc.).

Thanks for the reply.  I noticed there was an BME680/RL78 reference design from Golden Technology Corporation listed on the Bosch website (https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/software-tools/tools/reference-designs/#mikroelektronika) using the R5F1007EANA#U0 MCU.  

I am currently testing using the RL78/G14 fast prototyping board with the R5F104MLA MCU with 48KB RAM and 512KB Flash.  

As for compilers I am current using IAR Embedded Workbench for RL78 version 4.20.1 but I am open to moving to any version of E2Studio if need (I currently have 7.8.0 installed)

Vincent
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

If possible,   please leave the compling command for your platform.  then we will evalute if we are able to porting our BSEC on your MCU platform.

Vincent,

I am not certain if this is correct information you are looking for, I set up a quick test project in E2Studio...

make -j16 all
    'rl78-elf-gcc -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g2 -Wstack-usage=40 -mg14 -I"C:/test/generate" -Wa,-adlnh="r_cg_cgc.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"src/r_cg_cgc.d" -MT"src/r_cg_cgc.o" "../src/r_cg_cgc.c" -c -o "src/r_cg_cgc.o"'
    'rl78-elf-gcc -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g2 -Wstack-usage=40 -mg14 -I"C:/test/generate" -Wa,-adlnh="r_cg_cgc_user.lst" -MMD -MP -MF"src/r_cg_cgc_user.d" -MT"src/r_cg_cgc_user.o" "../src/r_cg_cgc_user.c" -c -o "src/r_cg_cgc_user.o"'

I primarily use IAR where I generally don't have visibiliy to the compile commands.

Thanks,
    Kurt

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist