Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Issue in loading config file for BMA423

Issue in loading config file for BMA423

Aishwarya
    New Poster

Hii,

I am using BMA423 for testing & evaluation purpose.I have to use activity/motion detection which comes under wearable features.To enable wearable features, i have downloded configuration file from bosch sensortech. Please see Attachment_1

I am trying to initialize BMA423 by loading configuration file to enable wearable features, for which i am following sequential steps as mentioned in bma423 application note.Please see Attachment_2

I am trying to write config file to 0x5E(feature_In) register in several steps of 2-2 Bytes. 

I am taking care of necessary register settings before loading config file.Loading does not complete and it produces error after writing few Bytes of config file. Further as the configuration is not completed, 0x2A register does not Read 0b1.

Please tell me the correct steps/procedure to load configuration file to enable wearable features.

9 REPLIES 9

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Aishwarya,

There was BMA423 example code in github, you could refer it directly.
    https://github.com/BoschSensortec/BMA423-Sensor-API/tree/master/examples/generic

Hii BSTRobin,

Thank you for your proactive response.

I had already gone through the driver files and feature application code that you are referring to. How the configuration file is loded is not clear in the github code that you had shared because configuration is written to 0x5E register however the index is split into MSB and LSB Bytes which are written to 0x5C and 0x5B registers. There is no information about 0x5B and 0x5C in datasheet and application note. Even configuration steps as mentioned in application note is also not referring to 0x5B and 0x5C registers while loading configuration file then why are these two registers used in the driver code for configuration.

I have included the configuration file in my source code and trying to load it to BMA423 to enable wearable feature(Motion Detection) but i am not clear on the procedure. Request you to provide me clear steps for loading the configuration file from my applicaton code through I2C Communication without using intermediate driver.

Shall be waiting for positive response from your side.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Aishwarya,

Driver code in github was portable. bma4_common.c is a file related to the hardware platform. You don't need to modify other files, quickly migrate them to your platform.
    https://github.com/BoschSensortec/BMA423-Sensor-API/blob/master/examples/generic/common/bma4_common....

Hi...the as it were put I may really discover the secretive config "record" is in their **bleep**ty C driver. It's litterally a 6 KILOBYTE cluster of crude, undocumented bytes that takes up 325 lines of code. How anybody thought this was a great thought is past me. It makes the sensor nearly unusable by any uC with less than 64 kB of streak.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist