Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Issue in loading config file for BMA423

Issue in loading config file for BMA423

Aishwarya
    New Poster

Hii,

I am using BMA423 for testing & evaluation purpose.I have to use activity/motion detection which comes under wearable features.To enable wearable features, i have downloded configuration file from bosch sensortech. Please see Attachment_1

I am trying to initialize BMA423 by loading configuration file to enable wearable features, for which i am following sequential steps as mentioned in bma423 application note.Please see Attachment_2

I am trying to write config file to 0x5E(feature_In) register in several steps of 2-2 Bytes. 

I am taking care of necessary register settings before loading config file.Loading does not complete and it produces error after writing few Bytes of config file. Further as the configuration is not completed, 0x2A register does not Read 0b1.

Please tell me the correct steps/procedure to load configuration file to enable wearable features.

9 REPLIES 9

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Aishwarya,

The configuration file is necessary because it corresponds to the algorithm that supports the sensor feature.

sad_cyrano
    New Poster

Hello Aishwarya,

I know it is a long long time ago, but I am struggling with the same problems as you and the Bosch support is not existing. The stereotype answer is: have a look at the example code... but as you mentioned they used registers 0x5B and 0x5C which are not explained in the datasheets. I got the feeling that even at Bosch nobody really understands this sensor. But my question and hope are: do you get this part working now? I'm working my way through the sample code line by line, but all this is of no use if the registers used there are apparently unknown. I don't have much hope that you will receive my message at all because even this community system doesn't seem to work. You don't even get a notification when someone has replied to a post.

Best regards,

sad cyrano

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Aishwarya,

The sensor API is general drivers provided by us, which can be easily ported to different MCU platforms. So let's refer to the example code, we confirm that the sensor API and the example can work normally. It seems that you do not directly use the sensor API, but use the code you wrote to access the sensor.

RevK
    Occasional Visitor

I had the same, the datasheet does not explain registers 0x5B or 0x5C and does not explain how you read/write the FEATURES_IN at all.

I eventually got it working with my own code - does this help? https://www.revk.uk/2023/07/bma423.html

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi AlexisMori,

By using the config file, the sensor will support some algorithms without the need for the host to develop them. Otherwise, the sensor will only support outputting raw data.

Hi RevK, Aishwarya,

In fact, you don't need to concern about how the config file is loaded. We don't disclose the details of how the config file is loaded. The code for loading config files has been implemented in the sensor API, and you only need to run this code.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist