Bosch Sensortec Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Low power IMU with miotion triggered interrupt and very good gyro and crach detection questions

Low power IMU with miotion triggered interrupt and very good gyro and crach detection questions

kilohercas

Hello,
    I am working on project where I need to detect motion with as low power as possible to wake-up MCU from deepsleep, but at the same time I would like to have gyro that can be used for ultraprecise orientation calculation (lean angle of motorcycle)

Any time I stumble on good IMU all INT lines are mapped to data redy/fifo overflow, and so one, none of them are connected to motion trigger.

As example i would love to use BMI085, but all  INT lines are not usable for my needs. What i don't whant to do is keep reading IMU to see orientation, it is not a problem, but i would like to have as much deep sleep from MCU as possible.

Only IMU with INT mapped to motion trigger was BMI160, but gyro is 3x (?) worse to BMI085.

Any recomendation ?  Or maybe I am missing something ?

Thank you !

5 REPLIES 5

Yanchao
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi,

Maybe refer to BMI090L with anymotion INT, and the same gyro performance compared with BMI088, BMI090L API.

Best regards.

Ok, so it is very interesting. You are correct, where is ANYMOTION interrupt, while it says it has on feuture page, goining into registers on datasheet gives no results.
    While goingoin frough API, now i can find it. Why can they put this information on datasheet ?
    ANYMOTION_INT
    HIGH_G
    LOW_G_INT
    ORIENT_INT
    NO_MOTION_INT

Yanchao
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hi,

BMI090L is a very new chip.

The BMI090L API provide the INT features in bmi090l_config_file, bmi090l_any_motion_interrupt_mcu.c anymotion feature example. So just try to use it.

Best regards.

Hello.
    Is where any API datasheet ? I was unable to find any information about functions and how to use it. (so basicaly follow examples...)

Should I decode how it works from API code? And test it manually ? That sounds a bit strange. I use to do it other way araound usually

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist