cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Need help with tracker design

Need help with tracker design

sbless
    New Poster

I am new to this technology.  We need to track a small (mm-size) object moving  200 m/s over distaqnces of about 30 cm.  We could embed a magnet.  Can anyone help me with the design?  Alternatively, is this possible with an on-board accelerometer?  Peak acceleration couild be 1000gee.

S.Bless   NY University.  sbles@nyu.edu

9 REPLIES 9

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello sbless,

For your description "200 m/s over distaqnces of about 30 cm" and "penetration of projectiles in soil", it seems it requires a large accelerometer sensor range. Could you tell me what the requirements for the accelerometer sensor range are?

Thanks.  We are a research laboratory that needs to track motion of projectiles that are penetrating soil. The best solution for us would be a tracker that works over the range 25kgee to 200gee.   We could probably use a system that worked from 5kgee to 200gee, although the experiments would be harder to conduct.   We need accelerations in two orthogonal directions.   I was hoping to find someone who could design & deliver a package that could fit inside our 14-mm diameter projectiles, record accelerations, and read out data after an experiment.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello sbless,

For your research, do you have a range of theoretically calculated acceleration values?

Yes.  The limits are in my message.  If what we want is not possible, then we would consider redesigning the experiment so that we can use what is possible.

Thanks.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello sbless,

For your previous description "200 m/s over distaqnces of about 30 cm.", in order to evaluate acceleration value, you need to know the following information:

1.How long will it take to complete the move?

2.I think it couldn't keep 200 m/s speed all the time, so what is the speed during movement?

But it seems your projectiles will have big acceleration value.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist