Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Nicla Sense ME - I2C Other Sensors

Nicla Sense ME - I2C Other Sensors

Ciprian
    Established Member

Hello there,

I have been trying to wrap my head around the Nicla Sense ME for the past few days, without much luck.

1. Firstly, the temperature and humidity data seems incorrect.
    2. Secondly, I had to update the firmware by using the GitHub repo in order to get BTEC to work (legacy sensor id issue)
    3. Thirdly, tusing :

namespace nicla;

Doesn't actually work, it tells me "nicla is not a namepace-name". So in order to get the led to blink, I have to use the full nicla::leds.begin and nicla::begin().

Now leaving everything else asside, which by the way if anyone knows why the temps are incorrect please let me know. I am having issues using the I2C, I have an Adafruit SI1145 and MLX90614, both working perfectly fine with 3.3v and I2C on an Arduino Mega. On the Nicle Sense ME, I cannot get the board to identify the sensors.

If anyone can just show/demonstrate a simple I2C example with any sensor, connected to the Nicla Sense ME, I would be more than happy.

Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Ciprian,

Please refer official software guide and run example code on Nicla boards.
    Installing Mbed OS Nicla boards:https://docs.arduino.cc/software/ide-v1/tutorials/getting-started/cores/arduino-mbed_nicla
    Getting Started with Nicla Sense ME: https://docs.arduino.cc/tutorials/nicla-sense-me/getting-started

As you could see it, current software haven't directly support Adafruit SI1145 and MLX90614. If you want to support them, you could add your software modification based on current software.

Arduino Nicla Sense ME main features.png

Ciprian
    Established Member

Hello Robin,

I have already checked the links you have provided, they do not help with my question in any way.

I also have not asked how to  get the Adafruit SI1145 and MLX90614 to work, I already have the software and libraries for those sensors. I have asked how to use the I2C interface available on the Nicla Sense board.

Which currently is not working. And there are no resources for how it should be implemented.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello Ciprian,

You could refer I2C example from here: https://docs.arduino.cc/tutorials/nicla-sense-me/cheat-sheet

Nicla I2C example.png

Another user here with same problem, Nicla sense ME I2C can not find my ZOE-M8Q.  Other Arduino boards find it easily.

I am using Arduino I2C scanner just  to find the adress without any luck, tried on 3 diffrent Nicla ME.

Please help!

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist