Bosch Sensortec Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Orientation Error in Yaw of BNO055 in 9DOF Mode?

Orientation Error in Yaw of BNO055 in 9DOF Mode?

A_Levy
    Established Member

Hello All, 

I am trying ot use a BNO055 sensor for Inertial Navigation and Pedestrain Dead reckoning. While i was doing some indoor tetsing the other day i got some very strange results that I suspct are errors in the yaw of the sensor. I had the sensor set to 9DOF mode. 

For this test, i walked around a large square three times. Does anyone know what could be causing this change in orientation in the data... it looks like the orientation outputted from the BNO055 in 9DOF mode is not working.

As you can see in the photo, the yaw of the sesnor changes, does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this? could i be something to do with the calibration of the sensor? I already know that doing tests indoor with a magnetometer may be error prone.

Thank you for your help.

27 REPLIES 27

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello A_Levy,

Before we repoduce your case, we would like to know what is the HW environment you used? APP2.0+BNO055 shuttle?

And for your attachement picture, please mark BNO055 axis in the picture.

Thanks.

A_Levy
    Established Member

BTSrobin, nice to hear from you. Ill get back to you with these answers.

I found a flaw in my magnetometer calibration code that more-or-less solved the problem i was refering to here.

I posted about another probelm i noticed where the system calibration CS value is unstable, while the CA, CG, and CM values are all stable at 3. I can see that when the CS value deviates from 3, so does our heading. What could be causing this?

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello A_Levy,
    In order to further analyze this problem, we should know what is the HW environment you used? APP2.0+BNO055 shuttle?
    And for your attachement picture, please mark BNO055 axis in the picture and upload it again.

We will also reproduce your feedback that CS value is unstable.

Thank you for your cooperation.

A_Levy
    Established Member

Hello BTSrobin, 

Thank you for your help. Regarding our HW environement. We are not using the APP2.0 or the BNO shuttle. Our BNO is mounted PCB that communictaes with a custom central baord. 

Here are the relabaled pictures of the axis of the BNO at start of the tests. 

Thank you for your continued help. It is much appreciated.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello A_Levy,

Thank for your feedback.

We haven't reproduced your issue with APP2.0+BNO055 shuttle boards now.

Do you have APP2.0+BNO055 shuttle boards on your hand? If yes,  you could try to reproduce it and let me know how to reproduce it.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist