Bosch Sensortec Community

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    SOLVED

Orientation Error in Yaw of BNO055 in 9DOF Mode?

Orientation Error in Yaw of BNO055 in 9DOF Mode?

A_Levy
    Established Member

Hello All, 

I am trying ot use a BNO055 sensor for Inertial Navigation and Pedestrain Dead reckoning. While i was doing some indoor tetsing the other day i got some very strange results that I suspct are errors in the yaw of the sensor. I had the sensor set to 9DOF mode. 

For this test, i walked around a large square three times. Does anyone know what could be causing this change in orientation in the data... it looks like the orientation outputted from the BNO055 in 9DOF mode is not working.

As you can see in the photo, the yaw of the sesnor changes, does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this? could i be something to do with the calibration of the sensor? I already know that doing tests indoor with a magnetometer may be error prone.

Thank you for your help.

27 REPLIES 27

A_Levy
    Established Member

We do not have any of those shuttle boards available. 

I was speaking with another member on this forum and they suggested that this problem is likely happening because oru firmware is out of date. Could this be possible? The BNO055s we are using are from 2017. I am now lookinh into how to update the firmware for the BNO055.

Is t worth updateing the firmware, or would it be better to just buy recent BNO055s with the most recent firmware? 

Finally, what tools, applciations, and code will i need to udpate the BNO055 firware to the most recent version?

ALevy

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello A_Levy,

You could read 0x04, 0x05 address to check your current SW version. It didn't support upgrading firmware for BNO055.

If you could get recent BNO055, you could test it with latest BNO055.

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello A_Levy,

Also suggest you buy BNO055 usb stick on digikey to test your application.

BNO055 USB Stick.png

By the way, which country you located?

A_Levy
    Established Member

Ok, i will look into getting one of those sticks to test with. 

And we are located in Canada.

Thanks, 

BSTRobin
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Hello A_Levy,

Thanks for your cooperation.

After you get USB stick, you could test it and give feedback to us.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist